Sunday, April 6, 2008



MY CLOSET! So to say the least my closet is a wee bit stuffed. I had to come up with creative methods of making the most of the space I had. To start with my clothes rack is just under 5 ft off the ground, so I had to come up with something to hang my long dresses on and even some of the shorter ones. As you can see I solved that problem with a hook over the door.
I was able to fit a small shoe shelf in the bottom of my closet for shoes and I have 3 multiple pant hanger to take care of hanging most of my pants in the least amount of space. There is probably 4-5 feet from the shelf to the ceiling in the closet, so I thought about how to make the best use of the space. 
What I came up with was to turn one of my tubs on it's side to stack my shirts in and misc. stuff on top of the tub. Then I put a couple of plastic drawers and stacked some folders and books on top of those. Next to that, which you can't really see very well, is two crates stacked and filled with clothes as well as misc. stuff on top of them.  At the end of my bed I have two crates stacked which will remain there through out the duration of my stay and serve also as storage space. YEAH! I finally got it all squeezed in!
Last night there was as  square dance with ECHO staff and another mission group in town we all had great fun! 
This morning I am googled reformed churches in the area once more and was delighted to find one that is a PCA, to make a long story short it may be the closest thing I will find minus psalm singing to our church. PTL!
Tomorrow I officially start! From what I hear we are having a rare day of intern retreat, so I have a nice day of getting to know everyone.
I will continue to post as often as I can, but after this I imagine it will not be every day.




4 comments:

Monica said...

Wow, you've been doing a lot of work! Unpacking is never as fun as it sounds.

Hey, Jenny mentioned to me yesterday that your leg was bothering you a bit. Mine hurt (especially at night) as the bruising healed. There would always be one area that would just about bring me to tears and then when I woke up in the morning the bruising there was essentially gone. Weird. It healed this way from top to bottom.

I ended up taking a low dose of pain meds on these nights just so that the pain wouldn't keep me awake.

I'd say by 2 1/2 weeks out all the pain was gone. I hope it is the same for you.

It's great to see pictures of your new home. I'll have to show the kids later. Keep us updated. We're praying.

Heather L. said...

I've just found your blog! Thanks for all the great pictures -- it's so wonderful to be able to picture where you are!!! hope your first day went well! Glad it was an easy day with a "retreat."

Alaina said...

Praying for you. I'm so sad that amidst everything going on with us that I didn't get to see you before you left! I'm thankful you had a good trip down and I'm thrilled that you have a blog. Love ya.

Grands said...

Hey Heather!!!
The old Riley gang just found your website...glad to see you made it,are some what unpacked and ready to start the week. We laughed at the car packiing!!!!
We are thinking of you!!!
your riley friends